News Ticker

I have received a traffic ticket. What do I do?

If you received a traffic ticket and were provided with an envelope with a set of instructions, read the instructions thoroughly.  The instructions will tell you how to plead guilty and pay the fine or contest the charge.  If you receive a traffic ticket and were provided with a court date, you may appear in Callaway County Court on the date or you may contact the Callaway County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office at 573-642-7291 and speak with them concerning your ticket.  The Sheriff’s Office has no control over tickets once they are issued.


No proof of insurance tickets, for example, can be resolved by taking your proof of insurance to the PA’s Office as soon as possible after you receive the ticket.

Back to FAQs 0 1