Concealed Carry Permits
Concealed carry permits will be processed and issued at the Callaway County Sheriff’s Office during normal business hours, Monday through Friday 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM, with the exception of holidays, as the business office is closed.
For citizens to obtain a concealed carry permit:
- Must be at least 19 years of age
- Have proof of training that meets the state statute requirements RSMO 571.111
- Make sure that their instructor is registered with our department as being pre-approved or bring a copy of the instructor’s qualification along with a copy of the training course they taught
- Must not have been convicted of a felony
- Must not have been convicted of two DWIs in the last five years
- Must not have been convicted of misdemeanor drug related charges in the last five years
- Must not have been convicted of one or more misdemeanor assaults or related violent charges, including domestic assaults in the last five years
- Effective 08/28/2012 per House Bill 1647 lowers the Right – to – Carry age requirement from 21 to 18 years old for active duty military (who are residents of or stationed in Missouri), removes penalties for an accidental exposure of a firearm by a concealed carry endorsement holder, and establishes a process for restoration of firearm rights for those currently prohibited.
- Effecitve 8/28/2013 the Missouri Department of Revenue no longer issues concealed carry permits.
Citizens wishing to submit an application for a concealed carry permit need to bring a $89.00 money order, cashiers check, or cash (NO personal checks or credit / debit cards) made payable to the Callaway County Sheriff Office.
Renewals have to be obtained every FIVE (5) years (effective 8/28/2013) from the date of issue. Renewal fees are $50.00 and a fee of $10.00 will be applied for every month past the due date. Please bring your current CCW Card, Driver’s License (with your current Callaway County address) along with you. If your Driver’s License does NOT have your current Callaway County address, please bring a piece of mail with you to verify that you reside in Callaway County.
If you have gone six months after your CCW expiration date and a new permit hasn’t been obtained, the CCW permit will be canceled and removed from the system. If you choose to reapply, you may do so for the $89.00 cash or money order fee.
If you have any other questions please feel free to contact us.