Concealed Carry Permits
Concealed carry permits will be processed and issued at the Callaway County Sheriff’s Office during normal business hours, Monday through Friday 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM, with the exception of holidays, as the business office is closed.
For citizens to obtain a concealed carry permit:
- Must be at least 19 years of age
- Have proof of training that meets the state statute requirements RSMO 571.111
- Make sure that their instructor is registered with our department as being pre-approved or bring a copy of the instructor’s qualification along with a copy of the training course they taught
- Must not have been convicted of a felony
- Must not have been convicted of two DWIs in the last five years
- Must not have been convicted of misdemeanor drug related charges in the last five years
- Must not have been convicted of one or more misdemeanor assaults or related violent charges, including domestic assaults in the last five years
- Effective 08/28/2012 per House Bill 1647 lowers the Right – to – Carry age requirement from 21 to 18 years old for active duty military (who are residents of or stationed in Missouri), removes penalties for an accidental exposure of a firearm by a concealed carry endorsement holder, and establishes a process for restoration of firearm rights for those currently prohibited.
- Effecitve 8/28/2013 the Missouri Department of Revenue no longer issues concealed carry permits.
Citizens wishing to submit an application for a concealed carry permit need to bring a $88.00 money order, cashiers check, or cash (NO personal checks or credit / debit cards) made payable to the Callaway County Sheriff Office.
Renewals have to be obtained every FIVE (5) years (effective 8/28/2013) from the date of issue. Renewal fees are $50.00 and a fee of $10.00 will be applied for every month past the due date. Six months after a CCW renewal hasn’t been obtained the CCW permit will be canceled.
If you have any other questions please feel free to contact us.